CMS Releases Two New ICD-10 Videos
CMS has released two animated shorts that explain key ICD-10 concepts:
• “Introduction to ICD-10 Coding” gives an overview of ICD-10’s features and explains the benefits of the new code set to patients and to the health care community.
• “ICD-10 Coding and Diabetes” uses diabetes as an example to show how the code set captures important clinical details.
CMS Releases Diagnosis Coding: Using the ICD-10-CM Web-Based Training Course
This Medicare Learning Network® web-based training (WBT) course is designed to provide education on the International Classification of Diseases, 10th Edition, Clinical Modification/ Procedure Coding System (ICD-10-CM/PCS). It includes ICD-10-CM/PCS implementation guidance, information on the new ICD-10-CM classification system, and coding examples.
To access the WBT, on the MLN Products web page, scroll to “Related Links” at the bottom of the page, and click on “Web-Based Training Courses.”
MLN Connects ICD-10 Videos
These new MLN Connects™ videos provide information and updates on how the Medicare community can prepare for ICD-10 and how CMS can help:
- Estimating the Impact of the Transition to ICD-10 on Medicare Inpatient Hospital Payments
- Medicare’s Testing Plan for ICD-10 Success
- ICD-10 Implementation and Medicare Testing
- Coding for ICD-10-CM: More of the Basics
- Converting the Home Health Prospective Payment System Grouper to ICD-10-CM
MLN Connects National Provider Call
Register for the June 18 call on “Preparing for Implementation and New ICD-10-PCS Section X.”
CMS/WEDI Implementation Success Initiative
The Workgroup for Electronic Data Interchange (WEDI) is partnering with CMS and other public and private organizations to develop the ICD-10 Implementation Success Initiative. The first phase of the Initiative, a searchable database of ICD-10 issues, is open to the public to submit questions. WEDI, CMS, and industry partners will update the database with information and resources to help health care organizations who submit issues understand how the new codes and standards will affect reporting of diagnoses and inpatient procedures.
The goal of this initiative is to ensure a successful ICD-10 transition for all stakeholders, including health care providers, payers, clearinghouses, and vendors.
Stay up to date on ICD-10!
- Page last Modified: 05/08/2015 3:25 PM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins