New information regarding upcoming Workers’ Compensation Medicare Set-Aside Arrangement (WCMSA) changes are posted as the information becomes available. Items remain on this page for the current year and are then moved to the Archive page.
August 19, 2014
A new informational alert titled “Notice of Upcoming Enhancement to the Workers’ Compensation Medicare Set Aside Portal (WCMSAP) Regarding Collection of Prescription Drug Information” has been posted to the Downloads section at the bottom of this page.
June 3, 2014 - Updated WCMSA Reference Guide is Now Available
An updated Workers’ Compensation Medicare Set-Aside Arrangement (WCMSA) Reference Guide is now available in the Downloads section found at the bottom of this page.
The following sections of the Guide have been enhanced or added:
- 4.1.4 – Hearing on the Merits of the Case: Section added to reflect the April 22, 2003 WCMSA RO Memorandum (Question # 5).
- 9.4.4 – Medical Review – Step 8: Clarification of submission requirements for medical records and payment records.
- 10.8 – Section 40 – Payment History: Updated requirements for denied conditions.
- 220.127.116.11 – Pharmacy Guidelines and Conditions:
- Removed reference to Drug Tables for physician dispensed drugs.
- Consolidation of Drug Tapering and Drug Weaning sections.
- 10.5.2 – Use of WC Fee Schedule vs. Actual Charges for WCMSA: Wisconsin added to list of states with no Workers’ Compensation fee schedule.
- 10.7 – Section 35 – Medical Records:
- Removed two year requirement of medical records for unrelated to work injury.
- Clarified treating physician statements requirements.
- 10.8 – Section 40 – Payment History- Requirements for denied conditions.
- Page last Modified: 08/21/2014 6:22 AM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins