Physicians, Nurses and Allied Health Professionals Open Door Forum
The Physicians, Nurses and Allied Health Professionals Open Door Forum (ODF) addresses the concerns and issues of Medicare and Medicaid physicians, non-physician practitioners, nurses, and other allied health care specialists. This diverse group of providers serves Medicare and Medicaid beneficiaries in almost all service settings, ranging from independent physician offices to specialized departments within larger facilities. The types of issues that come up during this forum are as varied as the providers who participate, but some frequent topics include the Physician Fee Schedule, Stark regulations, care plan oversight, payment and documentation rules, Provider Enrollment Chain Ownership System (PECOS), as well as the roles and responsibilities of different allied health professional staff under CMS regulations. Timely announcements and clarifications regarding important rulemaking, quality program initiatives, and other related areas are also included in the forums.
** Updated: May 5, 2015 - Special Open Door Forum (ODF): Home Health Electronic Clinical Template and Home Health Paper Clinical Template, Wednesday, May 20, 2015 from 2:30-3:30pm Eastern Time. The purpose of this SODF, in fiscal year 2014, the Comprehensive Error Rate Testing (CERT) program found that more than half (51.4 percent) of the home health claims were paid improperly. Of the 1308 CERT-reviewed claim lines in error, approximately 90 percent were found to have insufficient documentation errors. To assist physicians/practitioners in documenting patient eligibility for the Medicare home health benefit, CMS is considering the development of a voluntary electronic clinical template and a voluntary home health paper clinical template. Below is the link to our event page where the templates will be posted:
https://www.cms.gov/Research-Statistics-Data-and-Systems/Monitoring-Programs/Medicare-FFS-Compliance-Programs/Medical-Review/Home_Health_Medical_Review_Update.html. Feedback and questions on the templates can be sent to: HomeHealthTemplate@cms.hhs.gov. If you wish to participate, dial: 1-800-603-1774 & Conference ID: 78964234. We look forward to your participation. Please see the Downloads section below for the full call announcement. Thank you for your continued interest in the CMS Open Door Forums.
**Updated (New Agenda) May 12, 2015 - The proposed agenda for the next Physician Nurses & Allied Health Open Door Forum is scheduled for Wednesday, May 13, 2015 from 2:00pm-3:00pmET is as follows: Announcements & Updates; Introductory remarks -Andy Slavitt, Acting Administrator of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services; Medicare 50th Anniversary; Chronic Care Management FAQs; CCM Fact Sheet: http://www.cms.gov/Outreach-and-Education/Medicare-Learning-Network-MLN/MLNProducts/Downloads/ChronicCareManagement.pdf; CCM FAQ’s http://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Medicare-Fee-for-Service Payment/PhysicianFeeSched/Downloads/Payment_for_CCM_Services_FAQ.pdf; Update on Processing Claims under the 2015 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule; Open Payments Updates - Opening of the 2015 PQRS Group Practice Reporting Option (GPRO) registration period: http://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Medicare-Fee-for-Service-Payment/PhysicianFeedbackProgram/Self-Nomination-Registration.html; 2014 Mid-Year Quality and Resource Use Reports; CMS-4159-F prescriber enrollment requirements. If you wish to participate, dial 1-800-837-1935 Conference ID 12745544. Please see the full participation announcement in the Downloads section below. Thank you for your continued interest in the CMS Open Door Forums.
- Wednesday, May 20, 2015 – Home Health Electronic Clinical Template and Home Health Paper Clinical Template, Special Open Door Forum (SODF) [PDF, 22KB]
- Wednesday, May 13, 2015- Agenda - Physician, Nurse and Allied Health Professionals (PNAHP) Open Door Forum (ODF) [PDF, 67KB]
- Thursday, May 7, 2015 – All About Home Health Patient Survey (HHCAHPS) Star Ratings, Special Open Door Forum (SODF) [PDF, 39KB]
- Carrier/FI Directory (PDF, 338KB) - Opens in a new window
- Physicians Open Door Forum Mailing List Sign-Up - Opens in a new window
- Government Printing Office Federal Register - Opens in a new window
- Medicare Learning Network (MLN) Product Ordering Page - Opens in a new window
- Physician Center
- Physician Quality Reporting System
- Electronic Prescribing (eRx) Incentive Program
- Physician Regulatory Issues Team (PRIT)
- Health Care Consumer Initiatives
- Therapy Services
- Prevention - General Information
- Page last Modified: 05/12/2015 10:19 AM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins