Physicians, Nurses and Allied Health Professionals Open Door Forum
The Physicians, Nurses and Allied Health Professionals Open Door Forum (ODF) addresses the concerns and issues of Medicare and Medicaid physicians, non-physician practitioners, nurses, and other allied health care specialists. This diverse group of providers serves Medicare and Medicaid beneficiaries in almost all service settings, ranging from independent physician offices to specialized departments within larger facilities. The types of issues that come up during this forum are as varied as the providers who participate, but some frequent topics include the Physician Fee Schedule, Stark regulations, care plan oversight, payment and documentation rules, Provider Enrollment Chain Ownership System (PECOS), as well as the roles and responsibilities of different allied health professional staff under CMS regulations. Timely announcements and clarifications regarding important rulemaking, quality program initiatives, and other related areas are also included in the forums.
**Updated July 29, 2014 - Special Open Door Forum (ODF): Prior Authorization of Repetitive Scheduled Non-Emergent Ambulance Transport, Tuesday, August 5, 2014 from 1:30pm - 2:30pm Eastern Time. This call will allow ambulance providers, other Medicare providers, and additional interested parties to learn about the upcoming Prior Authorization of Repetitive Scheduled Non-Emergent Ambulance Transport model in the states of New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and South Carolina. The purpose of this model is to test whether prior authorization helps reduce expenditures, while maintaining or improving quality of care. You can find more information on the model by going to: http://go.cms.gov/PAAmbulance. Questions on the model can be sent to: AmbulancePA@cms.hhs.gov. This call will be conference call only. If you wish to participate, dial: 1-800-837-1935 & Conference ID: 79236332. We look forward to your participation. Please see the Downloads section below for the full call announcement. Thank you for your continued interest in the CMS Open Door Forums.
- Carrier/FI Directory (PDF, 338KB) - Opens in a new window
- Physicians Open Door Forum Mailing List Sign-Up - Opens in a new window
- Government Printing Office Federal Register - Opens in a new window
- Medicare Learning Network (MLN) Product Ordering Page - Opens in a new window
- Physician Center
- Physician Quality Reporting System
- Electronic Prescribing (eRx) Incentive Program
- Physician Regulatory Issues Team (PRIT)
- Health Care Consumer Initiatives
- Therapy Services
- Prevention - General Information
- Page last Modified: 07/30/2014 11:58 AM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins